Kill Stories Talk about a win or a loss.

suzuki swift gt vs. acura integra type r

Old 09-09-2005, 04:01 PM
  #1  
~~ Hardcore Newb ~~
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 27
Rep Power: 524
swiftgt street rep is low. keep going
suzuki swift gt vs. acura integra type r

This was a highway roll on. it started as we were both getting on the highway. i was chasing from behind beginning on the on-ramp at keele and 401. there is a stop light just before the 401 west on-ramp going south on keele. i was behind him stopped at the light. when it turned green he started slow then as we got on the ramp we went for it. I was on his bumper all the way up to 200 km. we then both slowed down, he pulled up next to my window and signaled me to roll it down. he was very surprised, asked me what i had in it, i was happy to say that it was a N/A 1.3l. i forgot to ask him if he had any mods. I love surprising guys in my little swift...I've also stayed door to door with my cousin's 92 civic with a jdm b16 swap with I/H/E and jun chip. i've surprised a lot of cars to date, but i've never had a chance to run an acura rsx type s. I think i would do okay against one of em. anyways, my car is a 92 swift gt with a bunch of N/A mods on it. I love it, its quick and i didn't have to swap the engine. it pulls all the way up to 8600 rpm. For early 90's technology this car was way ahead of its time.
swiftgt is offline  
Old 09-09-2005, 04:17 PM
  #2  
~~ Hardcore Newb ~~
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 50
Rep Power: 525
RR-942 street rep is low. keep going
Originally Posted by swiftgt
This was a highway roll on. it started as we were both getting on the highway. i was chasing from behind beginning on the on-ramp at keele and 401. there is a stop light just before the 401 west on-ramp going south on keele. i was behind him stopped at the light. when it turned green he started slow then as we got on the ramp we went for it. I was on his bumper all the way up to 200 km. we then both slowed down, he pulled up next to my window and signaled me to roll it down. he was very surprised, asked me what i had in it, i was happy to say that it was a N/A 1.3l. i forgot to ask him if he had any mods. I love surprising guys in my little swift...I've also stayed door to door with my cousin's 92 civic with a jdm b16 swap with I/H/E and jun chip. i've surprised a lot of cars to date, but i've never had a chance to run an acura rsx type s. I think i would do okay against one of em. anyways, my car is a 92 swift gt with a bunch of N/A mods on it. I love it, its quick and i didn't have to swap the engine. it pulls all the way up to 8600 rpm. For early 90's technology this car was way ahead of its time.
:supergay: BS!
10 years ago I had 87 Civic DX HB 1.3. My friend had same Swift as you. We were even first 60km/h from start. Then he would slowly pull away.
I had 89 HB Si with ZC motor in 97. I was, simply, killing him. From 0 to 160km/h he was 10-12 cars behind.
I don't think I ever raced since then.
RR-942 is offline  
Old 09-09-2005, 05:03 PM
  #3  
~~ Hardcore Newb ~~
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 4
Rep Power: 0
J-MAC323gt street rep is low. keep going
Originally Posted by RR-942
:supergay: BS!
10 years ago I had 87 Civic DX HB 1.3. My friend had same Swift as you. We were even first 60km/h from start. Then he would slowly pull away.
I had 89 HB Si with ZC motor in 97. I was, simply, killing him. From 0 to 160km/h he was 10-12 cars behind.
I don't think I ever raced since then.

your a moron clearly your buddy didnt have a swift gt/gti.
J-MAC323gt is offline  
Old 09-09-2005, 06:42 PM
  #4  
~~ Hardcore Newb ~~
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 27
Rep Power: 524
swiftgt street rep is low. keep going
bs?

i know it sounds like BS because its hard to believe that a little 92 swift with a 1.3l engine can keep up with and beat a lot of newer "high performance" cars. just ask the guy in the vr6 and the rich guy in the TL type s if i'm making up stories off the top of my head. better yet i'll take you for a drive anyday. My car is obviously not that fast compared to a lot of cars on this board, its a low 15/high 14 sec car, but i love wiping stupid smirks off a lot of guys faces (who think its a 3 cylinder metro) including yours if you gave me the chance. are you up for it?

Last edited by swiftgt; 09-09-2005 at 07:03 PM.
swiftgt is offline  
Old 09-09-2005, 07:05 PM
  #5  
Skilled GTcars Poster
 
SpydaMan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Brampton, Ontario
Posts: 725
Rep Power: 541
SpydaMan street rep is low. keep going
jus picked up a swift myself 94 gt wat kinda mods u got?
SpydaMan is offline  
Old 09-10-2005, 05:20 AM
  #6  
B6T
Experienced GTcars Poster
 
B6T's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Mississauga
Posts: 1,518
Rep Power: 557
B6T street rep is low. keep going
Hey guy with the Swift... I bet my Festiva will hand you your *** so bad you'll want to sell your car.
B6T is offline  
Old 09-10-2005, 08:57 AM
  #7  
Average GTcars Poster
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Brampton
Posts: 560
Rep Power: 538
Viperoni street rep is low. keep going
stock a swift GT will run 0-100 in ~8.6 and the 1/4 in 16.6 IIRC. Plus it has a top end.
my saturn stayed dead even with a ~91 teg from a dig
Viperoni is offline  
Old 09-10-2005, 12:21 PM
  #8  
~~ Hardcore Newb ~~
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 50
Rep Power: 525
RR-942 street rep is low. keep going
Originally Posted by Viperoni
stock a swift GT will run 0-100 in ~8.6 and the 1/4 in 16.6 IIRC. Plus it has a top end.
my saturn stayed dead even with a ~91 teg from a dig
That sounds right.

J-MAC323gt,
Yes, my friend had the GT. We raced many times. It is a light & quick car but it's not in the ITR range.

Probably it was the mid "16s ITR driver" .
Every other race day there is a mid 16 second asian driven S2000/ITR. Do they shift at 5000 RPM or what?

No offence to you "swiftgt". But was he racing you? He must've been a really bad driver.
Did you time your car at the track or you are guessing it runs in high 14s?
RR-942 is offline  
Old 09-10-2005, 10:23 PM
  #9  
~~ Hardcore Newb ~~
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 27
Rep Power: 524
swiftgt street rep is low. keep going
Festiva guy, i've heard about your car and i will agree that you would definitely hand me my ***, but i'm damn sure your not running a festiva motor. Also, i know the guy was racing with me because he eventually asked me to roll down my window and couldn't believe how quick it was. now whether he was a horrible driver is one thing. I also did run my swift at cayuga this year, i did 15.301 at 91.12 MPH. with those traps i could do a little better. Additionally, it was also early in the season and it was hot, muggy weather. I'll be going again soon hoping for better times. It is quite difficult to get a swift gt in the 14's with N/A mods, but i will be one of the first if i could get it done, i'm damn close though. I just love the car even though there is a lot of guys that would pump me, including festiva boy. all i can say though, for a 80's technology 1.3l engine its amazing how well it handles most newer honda's, acura's and v dubs. anyona have a rsx type s i wanna run one?
swiftgt is offline  
Old 09-17-2005, 12:15 PM
  #10  
GTcars Regular
 
SuprAdam's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Brampton
Posts: 1,437
Rep Power: 0
SuprAdam can only hope to improve
Originally Posted by B6T
I bet my Festiva will hand you your *** so bad you'll want to sell your car.

That always sounds so funny Fred.
SuprAdam is offline  
Old 09-17-2005, 09:21 PM
  #11  
user
 
NOTORIOUS VR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: T.O.
Posts: 1,153
Rep Power: 551
NOTORIOUS VR will become famous soon enough
I highly doubt it was a type R... because they pull hard on the highway... much harder then a swift GTi... I've driven my buddies, and used to own one in Germany... both GTi's...

They're quick.. but the R is quicker without a doubt.
NOTORIOUS VR is offline  
Old 09-18-2005, 01:05 AM
  #12  
~~ Hardcore Newb ~~
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 27
Rep Power: 524
swiftgt street rep is low. keep going
my gt is not stock and it pulls very well on the highway as well. a stock gt would get raped by a type r. even a slighty modded swift wouldn't stand much of a chance. the stock 1.3l needs some tweaking to get it to take on a car as quick as the type r. It will definitely be faster next spring. it has a high 14 in it right now with a better track setup, but would love to see mid 14's next spring.
swiftgt is offline  
Old 09-18-2005, 11:58 PM
  #13  
Junior GTcars Poster
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 243
Rep Power: 531
livinlow street rep is low. keep going
You're running a low 15 currently and keeping up with type r's on the highway.

I'd have to say it's either a dummy type r or a driver who shifts at 4500.

My hatch runs a 13.9 and i have to work to keep upto type r's
livinlow is offline  
Old 09-20-2005, 01:06 AM
  #14  
~~ Hardcore Newb ~~
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 27
Rep Power: 524
swiftgt street rep is low. keep going
13.9

13.9 is quite good, very surprised that you have a tough time with stock type r's. they are a high 14 sec car out of the box. now with the wrong driver i've seen guys do low to mid 15's in them. This is mainly based on the launch, affecting the ever so important 60' time. Although, on the highway, the launch is thrown out of the cards and noone who owns a type r is gonna switch gears at 4500 rpm when going full out. I will agree that drivers do play a big role but a lot of skill is thrown out the window on the highway. I am very amateur when it comes to drag racing, i'm still learning how to bang through the gears more quickly. With a little more practice, the car is definitely capable of a 14 sec pass. I still can't believe that you have problems with stock type r's, maybe gearing is your draw back on the highway?
swiftgt is offline  
Old 09-20-2005, 02:50 PM
  #15  
B6T
Experienced GTcars Poster
 
B6T's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Mississauga
Posts: 1,518
Rep Power: 557
B6T street rep is low. keep going
Originally Posted by livinlow
My hatch runs a 13.9 and i have to work to keep upto type r's
That's odd that a high 13 second car struggles to stay with a high 14 second car... something must be wrong.
B6T is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Quick Reply: suzuki swift gt vs. acura integra type r


Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Page generated in 0.18632 seconds with 25 queries