Kill Stories Talk about a win or a loss.

when your insurance get cancelled?

Old 06-22-2005, 08:48 PM
  #1  
Skilled GTcars Poster
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 763
Rep Power: 0
Nastyzed can only hope to improve
when your insurance get cancelled?

do insurance companys jack the out of your rates?
Nastyzed is offline  
Old 06-22-2005, 10:20 PM
  #2  
Junior GTcars Poster
 
goneinsixtyseconds's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Toronto, Ontario
Posts: 319
Rep Power: 533
goneinsixtyseconds street rep is low. keep going
probably ... there must have been a reason why your policy got cancelled and when the new insurance company sees it, they'll assume the worse, and you'll get raped through a lovely rate hike
goneinsixtyseconds is offline  
Old 06-23-2005, 02:03 AM
  #3  
Junior GTcars Poster
 
Bullet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Richmond Hill
Posts: 282
Rep Power: 521
Bullet street rep is low. keep going
yes... when you get cancelled you have to go on facility insurance. no if's and's or but's. sorry bro.
Bullet is offline  
Old 06-23-2005, 09:30 AM
  #4  
~~ Hardcore Newb ~~
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 110
Rep Power: 529
GT-101 street rep is low. keep going
Originally Posted by Bullet
yes... when you get cancelled you have to go on facility insurance. no if's and's or but's. sorry bro.
Actually that's not true, I've been cancelled twice by insurance companies, two different ones, I can still get insurance, the only condition is that you have to pay all of it upfront, some companies may let you may half upfront but most will ask you for all of it.

Originally Posted by goneinsixtyseconds
probably ... there must have been a reason why your policy got cancelled and when the new insurance company sees it, they'll assume the worse, and you'll get raped through a lovely rate hike
and yes, there is an increase, my insurance went up maybe $50 a month after each cancellation, it's not as bad as most people think.

-Arslan
GT-101 is offline  
Old 06-23-2005, 09:46 AM
  #5  
Junior GTcars Poster
 
Bullet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Richmond Hill
Posts: 282
Rep Power: 521
Bullet street rep is low. keep going
Originally Posted by GT-101
Actually that's not true, I've been cancelled twice by insurance companies, two different ones, I can still get insurance, the only condition is that you have to pay all of it upfront, some companies may let you may half upfront but most will ask you for all of it.



and yes, there is an increase, my insurance went up maybe $50 a month after each cancellation, it's not as bad as most people think.

-Arslan
thanks for the info bro :thumbsup I'll keep it in mind (but hopefully I'll never need to use it again!)
Bullet is offline  
Old 06-23-2005, 11:46 AM
  #6  
~~ Hardcore Newb ~~
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 57
Rep Power: 528
Pipes street rep is low. keep going
I actually spoke to my broker about this as it happened to me once (wasnt really my fault but oh well) I was told that if it has only happened once that it's not really a big deal, but twice and then you have to pay upfront and it limits the number of insurance companies that will take you. I still pay very reasonable rates, and its on a monthly payment plan.
Pipes is offline  
Old 06-23-2005, 03:51 PM
  #7  
Junior GTcars Poster
iTrader: (1)
 
ricewagon94's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Hamilton Ontario
Posts: 228
Rep Power: 528
ricewagon94 street rep is low. keep going
Originally Posted by GT-101
Actually that's not true, I've been cancelled twice by insurance companies, two different ones, I can still get insurance, the only condition is that you have to pay all of it upfront, some companies may let you may half upfront but most will ask you for all of it.



and yes, there is an increase, my insurance went up maybe $50 a month after each cancellation, it's not as bad as most people think.

-Arslan
Who is your insurance company?
ricewagon94 is offline  
Old 06-23-2005, 06:25 PM
  #8  
Skilled GTcars Poster
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 763
Rep Power: 0
Nastyzed can only hope to improve
My last payemtn didnt go through because my bank took $40 in service charges so it came up NSF.I read my policy disclamer and it says i will receive a notice in the mail with a total i need to pay and they will re-instate the policy.Its a little hard to pay a 8k a year policy up front lol.
Nastyzed is offline  
Old 06-24-2005, 09:32 AM
  #9  
~~ Hardcore Newb ~~
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 110
Rep Power: 529
GT-101 street rep is low. keep going
Originally Posted by ricewagon94
Who is your insurance company?
The last insurance company that I was with was ING, but at this moment I'm in the middle of switching cars, so no insurance.

Originally Posted by Nastyzed
My last payemtn didnt go through because my bank took $40 in service charges so it came up NSF.I read my policy disclamer and it says i will receive a notice in the mail with a total i need to pay and they will re-instate the policy.Its a little hard to pay a 8k a year policy up front lol.
That's just a warning, they will charge you the balance you owe(the cheque that bounced) and they will also ask for this months amount, and there might be a nominal charge for the NSF ($15-$30), but if it happens again, they will cancel it. Oh and I don't think this effects you insurance records at all.

-Arslan
GT-101 is offline  
Old 06-24-2005, 05:42 PM
  #10  
Skilled GTcars Poster
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 763
Rep Power: 0
Nastyzed can only hope to improve
THANKS FOR THE HELP,i am with NORDIC myself a diviton of ING.
Nastyzed is offline  
Old 06-27-2005, 07:07 PM
  #11  
Junior GTcars Poster
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 225
Rep Power: 0
84camaro can only hope to improve
^^ same here... the seem slow as but w/e im just payin for the slip.. i have no intetion of ever filing a claim myself unless i have to
84camaro is offline  
Related Topics
Thread
Thread Starter
Forum
Replies
Last Post
kaash
Honda Mailing List
0
07-08-2007 08:24 AM
kaash
Honda Mailing List
0
07-08-2007 08:24 AM
kaash
Honda Mailing List
0
07-08-2007 08:24 AM
un4givn
Special Events and Meets
3
07-25-2006 12:39 AM

Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Quick Reply: when your insurance get cancelled?


Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Page generated in 0.11896 seconds with 22 queries