volkswagen corrado , scirocco, golf, gti, jetta/vento/bora, cabrio, rabbit, passat

vw tuning shops

Old 09-15-2006, 05:52 PM
  #1  
~~ Hardcore Newb ~~
Thread Starter
 
dirty's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: toronto
Posts: 81
Rep Power: 484
dirty street rep is low. keep going
vw tuning shops

Where are some good shops that do engine work on Vw's?
dirty is offline  
Old 09-15-2006, 07:56 PM
  #2  
GTcars - Post God !
iTrader: (3)
 
rabbitman's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Kitchener
Posts: 4,367
Rep Power: 609
rabbitman is a jewel in the roughrabbitman is a jewel in the roughrabbitman is a jewel in the roughrabbitman is a jewel in the rough
What do you need done?
rabbitman is offline  
Old 09-16-2006, 10:30 AM
  #3  
~~ Hardcore Newb ~~
Thread Starter
 
dirty's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: toronto
Posts: 81
Rep Power: 484
dirty street rep is low. keep going
looking to do a either a vr swap on my 91 jetta or a turbo on my 93 jetta.

looking to do a either a vr swap on my 91 jetta or a turbo on my 93 jetta.
also wanted to look into some suspension.

Last edited by dirty; 09-16-2006 at 10:31 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
dirty is offline  
Old 09-16-2006, 11:26 AM
  #4  
GTcars - Post God !
iTrader: (3)
 
rabbitman's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Kitchener
Posts: 4,367
Rep Power: 609
rabbitman is a jewel in the roughrabbitman is a jewel in the roughrabbitman is a jewel in the roughrabbitman is a jewel in the rough
Here's a list of shops, and stuff that should help you out. Clicky
rabbitman is offline  
Old 09-16-2006, 04:53 PM
  #5  
user
 
NOTORIOUS VR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: T.O.
Posts: 1,153
Rep Power: 551
NOTORIOUS VR will become famous soon enough
I recommend

Strictly European Motors
130 LePage Court
North York, ON
M3J 3J1
Phone: 416.636.7575
SEM Motorsports

Ask for Marco or Tom.. great guys... tell em Sascha sent u
NOTORIOUS VR is offline  
Old 09-17-2006, 07:53 PM
  #6  
Junior GTcars Poster
 
79camaro's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: North York
Posts: 321
Rep Power: 533
79camaro street rep is low. keep going
Milos home away from home...
Lemme give you some words of advice regardless of it being a factory motor put into a lighter body be ready to change tranny's before oil changes...and coil packs etc...they are nightmares and very expensive...if you want a decent performer id say get yourself a 2.oL cross flow head design (one of vw's best flowing factory heads) and put a light turbo kit and from mount set up you'll make 200 whp and almost same tq and be reasonably realible for a VW...
79camaro is offline  
Old 09-18-2006, 11:03 AM
  #7  
~~ Hardcore Newb ~~
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Woodbridge
Posts: 49
Rep Power: 474
Graffs street rep is low. keep going
QMR Motorspots
Call Carm, He'll hook you up with Lukas...
Graffs is offline  
Old 09-18-2006, 12:57 PM
  #8  
user
 
NOTORIOUS VR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: T.O.
Posts: 1,153
Rep Power: 551
NOTORIOUS VR will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by 79camaro
Milos home away from home...
Lemme give you some words of advice regardless of it being a factory motor put into a lighter body be ready to change tranny's before oil changes...and coil packs etc...they are nightmares and very expensive...if you want a decent performer id say get yourself a 2.oL cross flow head design (one of vw's best flowing factory heads) and put a light turbo kit and from mount set up you'll make 200 whp and almost same tq and be reasonably realible for a VW...

2L 8v's are gay... period...

tranny? unless it's the 6 speed, they're all the same... and really the only weak part of them are the diffs... so regardless, if your going to beat on them or put any real power through them u'll have to get an LSD put in them.

coilpacks? they're not THAT bad...

do the VR swap.. you'll be a lot happier... trust me.
NOTORIOUS VR is offline  
Old 09-18-2006, 01:42 PM
  #9  
~~ Hardcore Newb ~~
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 195
Rep Power: 530
jdmsteR street rep is low. keep going
what can you guys tell me about 9A trannies, reliability-wise and cost to replace or perhaps a rebuild? how long do these usually last for, and how much power can they withstand until they eventually blow?
jdmsteR is offline  
Old 09-18-2006, 05:27 PM
  #10  
user
 
NOTORIOUS VR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: T.O.
Posts: 1,153
Rep Power: 551
NOTORIOUS VR will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by jdmsteR
what can you guys tell me about 9A trannies, reliability-wise and cost to replace or perhaps a rebuild? how long do these usually last for, and how much power can they withstand until they eventually blow?
Theres a lot of people that like 16V's, and then theres a lot of people that don't...

I think they're alright engines... but probably wouldn't ever go that route if I had a choice to go w/ a VR or 1.8T...

if u wanna see what people are doing w/ them, check out the 16V section on VWvortex.com
NOTORIOUS VR is offline  
Old 09-18-2006, 06:40 PM
  #11  
~~ Hardcore Newb ~~
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 195
Rep Power: 530
jdmsteR street rep is low. keep going
im debating between a turbo 16v setup in a mk2 like rabbitman's or a vr6 into a mk3 hatchback
jdmsteR is offline  
Old 09-18-2006, 07:39 PM
  #12  
user
 
NOTORIOUS VR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: T.O.
Posts: 1,153
Rep Power: 551
NOTORIOUS VR will become famous soon enough
turbo VR is the way to go imo... easy power, lots of torque... they're very strong motors stock... put a headspacer in to lower compression to 8.5:1 and u'r good for at 500 WHP
NOTORIOUS VR is offline  
Old 09-18-2006, 08:12 PM
  #13  
~~ Hardcore Newb ~~
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 195
Rep Power: 530
jdmsteR street rep is low. keep going
Originally Posted by NOTORIOUS VR
turbo VR is the way to go imo... easy power, lots of torque... they're very strong motors stock... put a headspacer in to lower compression to 8.5:1 and u'r good for at 500 WHP
no way, on stock internals?? what do you think about the vortech s/c kit for the vr6's..

do you get yours tuned at SEM?
jdmsteR is offline  
Old 09-18-2006, 09:37 PM
  #14  
user
 
NOTORIOUS VR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: T.O.
Posts: 1,153
Rep Power: 551
NOTORIOUS VR will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by jdmsteR
no way, on stock internals?? what do you think about the vortech s/c kit for the vr6's..

do you get yours tuned at SEM?
I'm not really into S/C's... if going forced induction... turbo all the way IMO.

yes on a stock motor with a compression reducing metal spacer... the crank is forged, the rods are good to 600 hp as well... w/ the reduced compression spacer it'll allow u to run 20 psi on pump w/o a problem.

No, I don't have a turbo VR, but two of my close friends do.... one of them went 11.68 in an MK3 w/ a stock VR w/ just a head spacer... all done @ SEM.
NOTORIOUS VR is offline  
Old 09-18-2006, 10:10 PM
  #15  
~~ Hardcore Newb ~~
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 195
Rep Power: 530
jdmsteR street rep is low. keep going
Originally Posted by NOTORIOUS VR
I'm not really into S/C's... if going forced induction... turbo all the way IMO.

yes on a stock motor with a compression reducing metal spacer... the crank is forged, the rods are good to 600 hp as well... w/ the reduced compression spacer it'll allow u to run 20 psi on pump w/o a problem.

No, I don't have a turbo VR, but two of my close friends do.... one of them went 11.68 in an MK3 w/ a stock VR w/ just a head spacer... all done @ SEM.
you got pm
jdmsteR is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: vw tuning shops


Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Page generated in 0.14613 seconds with 24 queries